Our unit is committed to community service and projects to improve the well-being of our Young Marines, Active duty military, local Veterans, and community. One of the tenets of being a Young Marine is being an outstanding member of the community. Our Young Marines are very active in supporting community events and are afforded multiple opportunities to earn community service hours for school or other extra curricular activies.
By participating in these events Young Marines learn the value of giving back to their communities and setting a positive example for other youth to follow. This type of selfless service helps each Young Marine to develop a sense of pride in their communities, nation, and themselves.
If you have a community service project that our Young Marines could do, send us a message by clicking the contact button above.
Possible Community Service Projects
Objectives of the Young Marines program:
- Promote the physical, moral, and mental development of its members.
- Advocate a healthy, drug-free lifestyle through continual drug prevention education.
- Instill in its members the ideals of honesty, fairness, courage, respect, loyalty, dependability, attention to duty, love of God, and fidelity to our country and its institutions.
- Stimulate an interest in and respect for academic achievement and the history and traditions of the United States of America.
- Promote physical fitness through the conduct of physical activities, including participation in athletic events and close order drill.