Objectives of the Young Marines program:
- Promote the physical, moral, and mental development of its members.
- Advocate a healthy, drug-free lifestyle through continual drug prevention education.
- Instill in its members the ideals of honesty, fairness, courage, respect, loyalty, dependability, attention to duty, love of God, and fidelity to our country and its institutions.
- Stimulate an interest in and respect for academic achievement and the history and traditions of the United States of America.
- Promote physical fitness through the conduct of physical activities, including participation in athletic events and close order drill.